Skip to Main Content
site header image

Using Other Libraries: About

Using Other Libraries

Huddersfield University Library

If you are a HE student and your course is validated by Huddersfield University: 

Manchester Metropolitan University Library

If you are a HE student and your course is validated by MMU:

Sheffield Hallam University Library

Take a look at:

SHU Library resources

University of Manchester Library: use their study spaces and read their print books and journals

Enjoy the experience of a University Library and find more in depth material for your projects.

On an A Level, Level 3, or Access to Higher Education course? If so apply to use the University of Manchester Joule, Precinct, and main Oxford Road Libraries under their Widening Participation Scheme. (This access is not available to UCEN Manchester HE Students).

You will have "reference only" access which means you can only look at the books and journals that they have on the shelves while you are there, you will not be able to borrow anything. You will not be able to use their computers or online resources either. You may be able to make some photocopies, but you will have to pay for these. 

Before you visit fill out a membership form then bring it to one of our campus libraries. We will then confirm that you are a student here and send it to the University. Your membership card should be ready for you to collect after 7 working days. 

To find out more about Widening Participation click here or ask our library staff. 

Need Help?

If you need a quick chat about library resources please click on the 'Need Help?' tab to the right and speak to a member of the library team.

 Alternatively, you can: 

  Contact us by Telephone:

0161 674 1021

See FAQs for more help